“Menstruation” is the lining of the uterine cavity that comes out every woman’s menstrual cycle. Normally, women who are of childbearing age have a menstrual cycle every 21-35 days, and each cycle lasts about 2-7 days. If your period is irregular, Or are there any abnormalities? It may be a warning sign of abnormalities in the reproductive system.
What is abnormal vaginal bleeding?
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Surasit Chaithongwongwattana Doctor of Obstetrics and Gynecology Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society stated that the symptoms were abnormal vaginal bleeding. Patients can be divided into 2 groups: those who are not yet expected to menstruate, such as children or teenagers. And women who have not yet had their periods, and women who are postmenopausal. In these two groups, if there is vaginal bleeding considered to be abnormal. http://ufabet999.com
For women of reproductive age Abnormal menstrual blood may be found as follows:
- There is more menstrual blood than normal. both in terms of quantity and period of menstruation
- Bleeding outside of the menstrual cycle
Causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Ovarian malfunction
- Use hormonal birth control or female hormone replacement during menopause
- Complications during pregnancy
- Infectious diseases in the reproductive system, such as uterine fibroids, can be common. including cervical cancer or endometrial cancer that is commonly found in postmenopausal women.
If abnormal vaginal bleeding occurs, you should see a doctor.
- Women who have not had their period (not yet or have finished their period) but have vaginal bleeding, such as in children or women who have gone through menopause.
- women of reproductive age Have normal menstruation But there is also bleeding outside the menstrual cycle. or bleeding after having sex
- Having menstruation in larger quantities or having a longer menstrual period This can be observed from using more than 4 moist sanitary pads per day or having menstruation for more than 7 days each cycle, which causes fatigue and tiredness after menstruation due to anemia.
Diagnosis When there is abnormal bleeding in the vagina
The doctor will take a history of the symptoms in order to roughly determine the cause. Then in some cases there is bleeding after sexual intercourse. The doctor may request an internal examination. You may also need to have a cervical cell test called a Pap smear to screen for cervical cancer. (Recommended to be checked every 2-3 years in groups that are not at risk But in high-risk groups, such as those infected with HIV, doctors will recommend testing every year.)
In some cases, your doctor may request an endometrial exam. by curettage of the uterus or take cells from the uterus for examination In cases where the doctor may wonder if there is a risk of developing a tumor. The doctor may request an ultrasound examination. Also known as ultrasound examination. And in the case of checking hormone levels The doctor may request a blood test. In addition to checking hormone levels Can also check for anemia.